7/11/10

What summer means to me.






A Sunday drive into the country.



It has been a hot weekend, so we definitely used the A/C, no driving with the windows open.



We were undecided as to destination or route, so we simply headed northwest.



Walled lake looked beautiful; we looped it prior towards heading further out of town.



It then occurred to me of today’s date. I quickly alerted Mr. Truffle to pull over into the next 7Eleven store. FREE Slurpies!



The rolling hills and winding roads were a pleasure compared to the city driving we normally experience.



We ended our drive with a nice meal out. Our server, Lindsey, was excellent!



Enjoy the pics,



6 comments:

  1. What a nice outing, Shannon! Beautiful breathaking pictures!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like a fun day! I love taking off like that with no definite plans, just a day of sight-seeing and stopping whenever you come across something you'd like to see or visit. I love the pic of the sandal in the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day. It's so cool that you had no definate plans and just wandered. I rarely get the chance, but sure love doing it.

    Thanks so much for being a part of Summer Sundays!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, looks like you had a very nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks good to me and yells Summer! It goes too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending a sweet hello from Frog Hollow Farm! What a wonderful relaxing experience, getting into your car with no specific destination in mind. It sounds like you had a great day! Your little tablescape on the top of the post is precious and I envy all of your photos - I always forget to take pictures!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I appreciate each and every one! Ciao, bella!

    ReplyDelete