7/18/10

Summer adventure


We could not decide on today’s summer adventure. Mrs. Truffle wanted to thrift while Mr. Truffle had a wine tour in mind. If I have learned anything in my five and a half years of marriage is compromise. Somehow, we managed to enjoy everything we do together. We started with a resale thrift store in Northville Michigan. I found a few items, but nothing that I absolutely had to have today. Therefore, I left it all there. I will revisit again soon without Mr. Truffle, the cost analyst.




We then moved on to Main Street in Northville. We happened onto “Simply Wine”, a wonderful new shop catering to the wine enthusiast. Here one found much more then the standard grocery store varieties. Europe, California, South America and a wide variety of Michigan wines are offered. Wine samples are offered daily. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Note that though no food is served, they allow you to bring in snacks to accompany your wine sampling.



Summer jaunts do not require travel, local destinations can provide adventure.



Hugz, Shannon

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today Shannon! I really loved visiting yours and seeing your pictures. Great post!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have sent him off to the wine cellar and I would have shopped. I don't like wine, so what would I do there?
    We have wineries here and people always ask me to go on the tour. I can't imagine why I would do that! :)
    Glad you struck a compromise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, the art of compromise. So... what did you get when you went back to the thrift shop??

    Thanks so much for being a part of Summer Sundays. Hope to see you next Sunday.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true...I have learned that once I let go and compromise, I'm so much happier which is a win win for both of us! Thank you for sharing a bit of your day with us!
    Hugz,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete